We are pleased and humbled to have such an accomplished cinematographer as our Director. Not only will he be leading the production crew, but Ivo is also the Co-Creator of our film.
Ivo has documented holistic farmers in the Amazon and solo Pacific fishermen, as well as corporate leaders on Wall Street and cultural institutions in Washington DC. As stated on his website, “Ivo’s creative instinct thrives in versatility.”
He has created documentaries, short films, profile videos and web spots for non-profit, institutional, educational, commercial and industrial clients. Some of his work includes:
- “Alligator on the Zipper” – a feature-length documentary profiling 7 women long haul truckers, which aired on PBS
- “Pro Mujer” – this film tells the story of Luisa Daniel Pérez, a recipient of an award for entrepreneurs from Banamex. Based in Hidalgo, Mexico, Luisa’s shop produces and sells organic products made from ixtle – a fiber derived from the Agave plant. She created her own family business with help from Pro Mujer, one of Latin America’s leading women’s development organizations.
- “The Women of the United Nations” – this film tells the stories of several women working at the U.N., who all “share a passionate commitment to make a difference in the world.”
- A piece produced for artist, Ana Tzarev’s “Love & Peace” Campaign showcased how Tzarev’s large, fiberglass sculptures of poppy flowers were installed in public spaces in cities such as London, Rome, Shenzhen, New York, Singapore, and Prague. The Love & Peace Campaign was inspired by the artist’s belief that, “art and flowers speak a universal language, one capable of being understood and appreciated by everybody, everywhere. At a time when we are too often defined and divided by our differences, these flowers travel the world as reminders of what brings us together, and of the beauty of the world we all share.”
- “Hour Children” is a short film showcasing the organization Hour Children’s mission to help incarcerated and formerly incarcerated women, and their children, successfully rejoin the community, reunify with their families, and build healthy, independent and secure lives.
Ivo is so talented, he created a short piece driving a Jeep Cherokee and through landscapes like Joshua Tree, Monument Valley, Zion National Park and Valley of the Gods. It REALLY makes you just want to pack-up a truck and drive!
Not only is he a creator, director, editor and producer, but he’s also an incredibly talented photographer. Here are just a few examples of his work, including some featuring our very own Bianca Ilich: